Few of us are taught sound money management. This is a time when it is easy to make mistakes that can have long lasting consequences to our financial welfare. Look at these resources for tips for all households on steps to take in financially uncertain times, financial counseling and coaching, including consumer credit, student loans, mortgage deferment, financial disaster budgeting, building and maintaining credit, help applying for federal assistance programs, and help for small business startups. Forums include one-on-one counseling and virtual workshops. If you need immediate financial relief for food, housing or other essential services, go to the 2-1-1 link or dial 2-1-1.
- Dave Ramsay’s (Financial Peace) Crisis Money Management Tips
- Chatham County Housing Assistance
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Tool Kit for Covid-19
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service for local counseling both individual and group workshops
- Operation Hope offers a full range of counseling and financial well being coaching with additional expertise for small businesses
- Chatham Safety Net for help applying for public benefits
- 2-1-1 Crisis Services administered by United Way of the Coastal Empire